Wednesday, November 14, 2007

nibblits

So we have these awesome rats for adoption. They are all so friendly and curious! Rats are amazingly intelligent as well...I've read that after a time they can even respond to their names!


This is Bella... a great little pitty puppy, with Kristi. She's so full of life and wonder and loves EVERYONE she meets.

---------------

Here are a few things that are bugging me lately:

1) People saying Kucinich is "unelectable" even though they agree wholeheartedly with his positions on ALL the issues.

2) The "No Child Left Behind Act". More, more and more standardised testing in the schools, less recess, art, critical thinking, breaking out of the box thinking. It's basically a fancy name for the slow disintigration of the integrity of our schools. Break down the public school system and Americans will demand private schools, providing more profit to whomever owns those schools. Education should always be free and equal (one of my major points for staying out of college too). Kids should not have to educate themselves during their mid twenties on things they should have learned as a pre-teen.

3)Gas at $3.55 a gallon. No explanation needed. We really need to get out of the middle east and come up with alternative energy options.

------------
Some things that are making me happy! (It's tough...times like these bring pessimism, but I'm trying not to sink into a total depression, so humor me!)

1) I've adopted out 4 animals on my own since I started cross training in adoptions!

2)Huntingdon Life Sciences (animal testing lab, puppy punchers) lost its major shareholding company this week! One step closer to shutting this torture profiteer down!

3)I'm actually getting excited to cook a few things for Thanksgiving. I love turning people on to good vegan food!! I'm not sure if we're having a get together with friends or going up to Barrett's Aunt's, but either way it should be fun.

No comments: