Thursday, August 5, 2010

Scorpions at Concord Pavilion, Le Cheval - Oakland

Sunday was an amazing day! I got a chance to see one of the bands that was a big part of my youth, Scorpions, on their farewell tour's Bay Area stop. Sonny, Stash and I started out the day with a stop at Le Cheval, a Vietnamese restaurant in downtown Oakland I'd never been to. They value the relationship between a balanced, healthy diet and overall good health, and construct their menu of French/Chinese/Southeast Asian cooking concepts accordingly. Tasty!!!

From there, we picked up the lovely Katie and headed out East to Concord. I wasn't quite sure what to expect from the show, since these dudes have literally been a touring band for 45 years. Regardless, they have a firm spot in the memories of my childhood roadtrips, the most formative years, which obviously helped to form my preferences for music in general. Must go! I had luckily won tickets for the show about a month prior, and about 20 of out other friends were going, so it was a total no brainer.
Unfortunately the sound set-up at the pavilion seemed like it was only half on. For those of us up on the lawn level, there was a bit left to be desired as far as how much noise was getting thrown at us. However, what we could hear was great! Everyone was completely right on music wise. Klaus' vocals were phenomenal. The energy of the band was totally rockin! I got like 0 good pictures, but for some pretty good ones check out the umlaut blog.

No comments: