Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Beginning of the Beating Heart

So this weekend I got really feisty for a change in my surroundings. We always talk about being able to do whatever we want to this place, to make whatever we want, to alter whatever we want. Dammit I'm taking advantage of it! The little corner area under the loft that I blocked out to make a work area needs updating. This is the area where I want to spend most of my time at home, given that its where my sewing machine (thanks Bert and Heather!), the computer, my painting stuff, bookcase, and all other miscellaneous productive materials live. There is a waist high wall shelf that was here before we were, which I want to keep and use as main work space. Step one was updating my computer monitor. I had a big, heavy, awkward one that took up quite a chunk of space on every desk I ever had it on. So, in order to slim down and use my little space as efficiently as possible, I splurged a bit on a refurbished Dell Ultra Sharp 22" monitor.

It was about half the price it normally would be, which settled the feeling of "oh my god I just spent way too much money on a material thing".

Second step is actually painting the space in a warm color. I want it wo be welcoming. Right now its an icy baby blue, like so many of the walls in the warehouse. I wasn't going to skimp on the quality of paint this time around, so I searched out the best quality no VOC version I could find.




I will recaim this little space!! Barrett was good enough to muscle that giant ugly desk out of the space for me, to open things up.


I'm thinking of building a tree in the corner of the desk...with branches running across the ceiling....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm gonna be in Man Jose this weekend, do you need help painting and stuffs???
-Nicole