Monday, October 13, 2008

Things that sprout

Day one of mung bean sprouting. Easiest thing in the world! Soak beans overnight, drain, rinse beans, leave moist but not in standing water, repeat every day until the sprouts are ready for eatin! Cheap and fun to watch if you like seeing things grow!

--------------
Dexter is available for adoption! Wow, what a feeling of accomplishment when I saw him waiting for his new home. We're so lucky to have an amazing fostering program at work that can give these orphaned kitties a second chance!

-------------
We've got a few trips coming up....
We're going to make super quick trip down to Temecula this weekend to pick up the bikes that have been so generously purchased for us by Barrett's awesome Dad, Bert!!
I think Barrett's is one of these...


I get to head to Las Vegas for the No More Homeless Pets Convention later this month, put on by Best Friends, a BIG sanctuary, shelter, and activist organization out of Utah.


Then early next month we get to go back to Portland!!


I know it seems like a lot of fossil fuel will be burned in the next month for these various skirmishes... but its not all for the sake of lollygagging around, I promise! We'll be securing non-motor transport, more specialized job skills to save more lives, and a potential new place to make a little home out of. All valid intentions!

1 comment:

Josh and Britt said...

I would adopted Dexter in a heartbeat if I could. I love him, Buddy and Max could use a new friend (if I could only talk Josh into a 3rd cat). Have fun at the convention. I am so interested in Best Friends ever since I read the book about them. You will have to let me know how it is. Well, I guess I will see you in a couple of days!