Monday, September 15, 2008

Under the Sea, or, work with the Bee

Problem:
I share this place with 3 boys..one bathroom. Space is at a premium. I desperately needed a girl corner; somewhere to keep the jewelry, makeup, hair-stuff, etc. We didn't necessarily have space in the room for a desk or vanity, so I came up with something different.
Solution:
I found a guy selling big floating shelves for CHEAP, that he had used and gotten tired of. I snapped them all up and have found quite a few uses so far! Two are painted red and hung in the kitchen to hold glasses, spices, etc(pic to come), two will be art shelves over our bed, two will be a makeshift linen rack outside the bathroom, and the last two I painted the same deep blue as our accent wall and did this with!

The corner space is only about 3 feet long, so we did have to cut them down a bit, but I really like the snug, unobtrusive look! I get the combined storage of a bookshelf and a little vanity table all in one. For so little money! As part of the little vanity nook, I needed somewhere to hang the miscellaneous jewelry. My little rack was overflowing, and I had all this open wall space...sooo.... Bees!

Hammer, nails, superglue, leftover Bee buttons!

---------------

The green stuff is all comin up nicely!








Our goals are modest...this is a first time effort! I do have some big plans for fall planting though!
-----------------------------

Jon Choi's going away party..."Under the Sea" theme...









---------------
My detailed list to the guys what can and cannot be composted...and tips on recycling.

No comments: