Monday, October 1, 2007

lifeblood in a glass pitcher and a guitar

WHOA I have been slacking! There's been a lot going on for sure. Here are some mandatory puppy pictures:


Bryant and Lillian



The sweetest little blue slate colored chi puppy. It was sleeping on my shoulder.

Poe likes to sit on the computer monitor and kind of "supervise" things.

-------------------

Hunter came up to visit for a couple days last week. There is little work in Temecula if you're a sane, so we're trying to get him interested in the Bay Area. We spent time in the city, hangin out in San Jose downtown and over in Santa Cruz. He and Barrett probably spent the majority of the days over at the skatepark, but hey, I hear its awesome if you're into that.
Here are some *also* mandatory Zeitgeist pics

Travel Scrabble can sometimes hurt your brain, as Hunter is so perfectly demonstrating



the walls are scuzzy, graffitti'd, comfy.



oh no...what to do, what to do?



The red truck in the corner has asked you nicely.



everyone loves the Tamale Lady.....mmm bean and potato..damn this bar is great.

------------------

I also said I'd post a picture of this for Nicole.
"The little shot glasses look like soldiers lining up for battle....look!"

--------------------

The following day Nicole, Barrett, Hunter and I went over to Santa Cruz. We had burritos at Planet Fresh with their buddy Mike from T town. Smoked Tofu...mmmmm.
The boys went off to sip pbr and pass some certain things from the left hand side. Apparently there was a late night bike ride, some bum sightings, and a gopher/cat fight.
Nicole and I had tickets for the Matt & Kim and Against Me! show. Against me is one of her favorite bands but she had lost faith in them recently due to a botched "new music" show. They redeemed themselves.....tenfold. We were drunkenly standing on chairs and singing in no time...

Matt and Kim being happy...its what they do



they have this totally infectious energetic viral upbeat thing going on. really good.



fucking Against Me!







I will be seeing them again.
---------------------------------

This week was ultra hectic at work. Today I trained in adoptions. It was actually a nice change from what I'm normally seeing. Its much less raw, demanding, sad with a touch of hope, and much more interviewing, marketing, and a touch of appeasement. It creates a balance. Sometimes its nice to deal with nice people.

this bastard, however, eats kittens

1 comment:

Josh and Britt said...

I think I need those puppies and I think I need to visit the bar the serves tamales. Looks like you guys had a good time, I'm jealous. Hopefully, I'll get to come up soon!