Thursday, August 9, 2007

three day sick leave

i did this all day the other day.... among other things...and cutting out words. see soon.


Mona, Nicole, Trisha, Danny, Barrett and I visited the Cinebar on tuesday. It had been a long time since we'd seen Chris. He's got a gnarly stache and I wanted so bad to photo it....but it was too dark in the bar for the supercomputerphone to handle. Whatevs



I was pretty down all day. After coming back to work after 3 days, anybody will be in a funk. I love my job, don't get me wrong, but certain members of the public really irk me. I'm dreading learning adoptions because I'd rather help the animals directly than deal with the uneducated consumer public. I know I know, without people wanting to adopt, we'd never get any good dogs cats or rabbits homes, but there are just so..many...idiots. Speaking of idiots, do you thinkg declawing a cat is a good idea? This is what it looks like

they literally amputate part of the cats paws, with dog nail clippers. It would be like if a doctor took each one of your fingers and chopped each tip off, up to the first knuckle, with a pair or gardening clippers.
And laser declawing?



speaking of horrible things people do to animals they consider companions and completely different from those they choose to eat:
ear cropping


tail docking


people are so fucking naive and selfish.
------------------

I want to move here


Portland is so much freaking cheaper than the bay area. I'm sad to leave here...I love it...but nobody can be consistently raped by landlords and continue to deal with it. I'm not a fucking sheep. I'm not here to accept the shitty hand thats dealt. I'm poor but only in the monetary sense. I'm never going to college but I'm not uneducated. I'm never going to fit the picket fence married 2.5 kids golden retreiver mini van soccer mom lifestyle. It's selfish...its inefficient...its not fair to the next generation.

So for everyone who is striving for the "american dream" OPEN YOUR FUCKING EYES.

No comments: