Friday, April 10, 2009

Dreams of reading in the mountains...

A few books read lately. Seems as if I've swung back over into a fiction mode for a while. I know, "Alive" is a true story, but it reads like fiction.


Our friend Jimi come over the other night with a full bag, a smile, and a wonderful gift. "Want some books?" he said...."Of course!!!" I beamed! Those combined with 2 I'd gotten from work for free makes the total 7! Excuse me while I nerd-out for a bit...
They're sort of all over the place subject-wise...but then again thats what we like to read....everything!

------------

I experimented with a really old pair of Barrett's thread-bare socks the other day. I wanted to see if I could make a quick (albeit ugly) mend by completing the weave, and see how they stood up to actual wear.

Looks terrible, but is almost back to wearable! Will update when level of comfort/warmth/durability is assessed.
-------------
These places are filling my thoughts lately.




oh I miss the mountains..

No comments: