Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Super compost, and dog-cat love (or mutual tolerence)!

Found this giant sprout growing out of the middle of my worm compost bin. I am AMAZED, because not only did this grow from a tiny piece of leek root put into the bin just a few days ago, but it grew in the complete black darkness that is the inside of the worm bin! Needless to say my hopes are high for the potency of this batch of compost!!!


Pickle and Poe, my dog and cat, have made a GIANT step towards living with each other in a somewhat amicable tolerance. Poe was sleeping at the foot of the bed, when Pickle, antsy as always, decided he needed to lay down directly within my line of sight because my attention was not 100% devoted to him at that particular moment. That line of sight happened to be over the top of a book I was reading, and right next to Poe! This pose lasted for about a minute...which is approximately 58 seconds longer than any other time they've shared the same square foot of space. Amazing!


Obligatory HSSV cute stray puppy time...


On a side note...today I invented a new word.
Snoozapalooza (noun):
To spend every extra minute of your morning hitting the snooze button on your alarm clock, staying in bed, and not getting up until you absolutely must, drifting in and out of deep, blissful sleep.

No comments: