Friday, January 23, 2009

Framing Light, and Things to Bite!

So the prettying-up of the window is a couple steps further! My master craftsman Barrett (who btw had NO idea what he was doing when he started this) has pulled off another amazing aesthetic feat! Check it out...

From the loft looking in...


From the room looking out..check out the frame...classy!


p.s. the Gypsy in the corner is an original from our buddy Chris Lacey. The big one on the left is mine..


Just to give a lame "shout out". I bought this window at this freakin rad warehouse in Berkeley, Urban Ore. They do mostly reclaimed de-construction materials...with some thrift store type used furniture and fixtures...and other odds and ends. Its a reuse nerd's heaven (imagine how long I spent poking through stuff!). It ended up costing me $60, brand new, when it normally would have been a couple hundred! Long live local economy!

-----------------

The other topic I wanted to blab about is vegan comfort food. I've gotten my fair share of cocked-head looks lately at the question of "what do you eat" when I'm talking about veganism.

Here are some examples of staples I've converted. Granted these aren't health food by any means..but they taste good sans dead animals!

Creamy, "cheesy" mac!


Spaghetti Squash pizza!


"Chicken fried steak", gravy, mashed sweet and red potatoes, baked kale and carrots..


Purple, red and sweet potato scram. Spicy beans and rice. Corn on the cob!


Pig out!!! but let the pig live :)

2 comments:

Julia Posey said...

Hi, That looks good! Can you share your recipes?

Unknown said...

I'd love to! Haha I guess that means I'll have to put some thought into the measurements!