Sunday, August 26, 2007

9 days seems like a lifetime

And I have been away for the entire time. I'm tired. Life has a lot going on. I've been thinking about what matters...its all pretty relative I guess. So why does it bother me what other people think? Its only because their backward ass thought processes tend to reinforce hurtful systems that don't help them and ultimately affect me. My heart is bleeding out of my chest for these assholes. I saw this movie "Idiocracy"...the movie was total crap but the concept is so completely relevant its terrifying in its own way. Basically, an average guy and a hooker are frozen in a military experiment, forgotten about for 500 years, then wake up to a world where morons have overpopulated the earth, corporations have taken over and they find themselves the smartest people in the world. blah blah blah they end up fixing a few things and thats about it. imagine a world where the least educated, forgotten group of poverty stricken folks continue to just breed uncontrollably. where brand names and giant superstores and sex and violence are all that matter.. oh wait..fuck.
---------------------------

we discovered a big billiards place up el Camino from us. It may have been too expensive but I think the beers are to blame for that. It was fun, low pressure and something different.


neither of us are very good at pool, so it was a pretty even playing field.
-----------

Some random pictures from the past week.
Pacman produce



a cat that is most likely potty trained



which is the real one eyed dog?



can i help you?

shelter babies




and the sweet sweet candy Mona got for her birthday

------------------

Barrett and I went to the Body Art Expo in Daly City to get some tattoos and visit our buddy Chris, who was up with the guys who own the shop he works at now. It was a pretty odd experience. I mean I consider myself a pretty calm and patient person, but it was really hard to center myself there. The booth was like an 8x8 section of the hall, with one guy getting tattooed about a foot from me, me laying diagonal on the bed getting my shin done, Chris, and the other 2 artists stuffed in the corners and two other shop employees hangin out, not to mention the million people walking by. Every booth had their own stereo system, there were a zillion different guns going at once, the hall had a main PA playing music,and their was a band playing outside...overkill perhaps. It was interesting for sure. I failed to get a picture of the 7 year old with the full upper body fake tattoo, or the full rib piece a guy was getting of Rick James, or the eleven million dudes with no shirts on. I did however, get these..
The shop's banner. The guy on the right is Julius, he had the pleasure of tattooing Barrett's feet.



pain...major pain



it says Live Free, one word per foot. It turned out fucking great.

Chris had drawn up ideas for both my shins, but we were running short on time so I just had one done for now. I'm hoping I can go down and get the other done soon.





imagine being kicked in the shin by a leprechaun with steel toed boots for like two hours....it probably feels like that. I know the final product pic is sort of swollen and red. I'll get a new one up when it heals. I'm so freaking excited about this one and the next one. Chris keeps getting better and better every time we see him. i love it.

No comments: